Paediatric Sleep Medicine
Paediatric sleep medicine is a sub specialty of paediatrics where physicians are especially trained to manage conditions and issues related to sleep in children of all ages up to 18 years. They can arrange to investigate with sleep studies which is a tool used to measure and assess sleep.
Common reasons to consult a paediatric sleep specialist include:
- Assessment and management of snoring or apnoeas (pauses in breathing) during sleep
- Assess for causes of restless sleep
- Parasomnias which are abnormal movements and behaviours during sleep
- Assess and manage difficulty falling and maintaining sleep
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Daytime behavioural problems that might be related to sleep
Paediatric Respiratory Medicine
Paediatric respiratory medicine is a subspecialty of paediatrics where physicians are especially trained to manage conditions related to respiratory (lungs) system in children of all ages up to 18 years.
Common reasons to consult a paediatric respiratory specialist include:
- Assessment for and management of asthma
- Assessment and management of chronic cough
- Children who has frequent wheezing
- Children with chronic lung disease due to being born prematurely or other chronic illness.
- Children born with congenital malformations in the lungs
- Children born with genetic respiratory conditions such as cystic fibrosis
Meet our Paediatric Sleep and Respiratory Physician:
Dr. Mimi Lu – available for appointments on Fortnightly Mondays.