Paediatric endocrinology is the science of endocrine glands and the effects of hormones in infants, children and adolescents.
Endocrine glands produce hormones. Hormones are chemicals that affect how other parts of the body work.
Endocrine glands include the pancreas, thyroid, pituitary, adrenal, ovaries and testes. Examples of hormones include insulin, thyroid hormone, growth hormone, cortisol, hormones responsible for puberty, oestrogen and testosterone.
Together with their multi-disciplinary team, our paediatric endocrinologists manage the following:
- Insulin resistance and pre-diabetes
- Obesity and weight management
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Short stature
- Delayed or precocious puberty
- Thyroid disorders including overactive or underactive thyroid gland, congenital hypothyroidism, autoimmune thyroiditis, Hashimoto’s disease and Graves’ disease.
- Disorders of pituitary function including growth hormone deficiency and hypopituitarism
- Disorders of adrenal function
Meet our Paediatric Endocrinologists:
Dr. Czarina Mendoza-Cruz is available for appointments Monday to Friday.
Dr. Czarina Mendoza-Cruz is currently not taking any new patient bookings.