Renae is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD) and an Accredited Nutritionist (AN) with specialised knowledge and experience working with paediatric patients. Her qualifications include a Masters of Nutrition and Dietetics and Bachelor of Applied Science (Nutrition and Food). She has worked within specialised paediatric hospital units as well as community-based settings for over 10 years, including The Sydney Children’s Hospital Network. She provides individual nutrition assessment and dietary advice for paediatric patients and their families. Renae’s clinical interests include:
- General infant, toddler, child and adolescent nutrition
- Complex feeding difficulties (including tube feeding and weaning)
- Selective/ “fussy” eating
- Growth faltering
- Coeliac disease
- Gastrointestinal disorders (including inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, reflux and eosinophil oesophagitis)
- Under-nutrition, malnutrition and micronutrient deficiencies (including iron deficiency)
- Food allergies
- Weight management (overweight, underweight)
- Insulin resistance
- Children with physical and/or intellectual disabilities (including Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- Eating disorders
- Vegetarian and Vegan lifestyles
Renae supports NDIS Participants who are Plan or Self-Managed.
Renae has a strong emphasis on family-centred care and recognises the importance of working with families to achieve optimal nutritional health.
Renae Reid – available for appointments on Wednesdays, Fridays, and selected Saturdays.